Friday, July 31, 2026

Soul Searching

I've had some time off to reflect before I go back to work and do some soul searching. I came up empty. We've seen so many atrocities committed in the name of religion lately. Donald Trump has turned out to be a complete a*shole committing atrocities in Iran while Netanyahu is a straight up Satanist. We're stuck in that November rut because nothing will change until elections and midterms. It all keeps coming back to the title page of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

"And what is good Phaedrus and what is not good? Need we ask anyone to tell us these things." I don't need a religion to tell me what these animals are doing is evil and any religion that calls evil good is a false religion. So there it is. 

I had mentioned in my eBook that I was having some health challenges and I had mentioned that I had hit a turning point. Well those health challenges have been resolved. The new meds was indeed a game changer and things in that area are healing nicely. Unfortunately, I've also blown out my other hip so I'm back to using a cane and hooking it on the handlebars of my motorcycle. 

In 2021 I blew out my right hip and had a hip replacement. Now, right after I get over the vasculitis, I blow out my other hip. That is bad luck. It's still a whole lot better than cancer but it has set me back quite a bit so it has. 

I ordered a custom sissy bar for my bike so I could use the sissy bar backpack I have on road trips. Sadly, it doesn't fit. The rear seat won't bolt down. I was brainstorming what I could do so I unscrewed the backrest to my stock passenger seat and screwed in a one and a half foot piece of one by 8. The backpack fits on it perfectly so I painted it black and am good to go. That was a cheap fix. The custom sissy bar which is now useless wasn't so cheap. 

I did a fair bit of riding in the sunshine today and a two stroke passed as I cringed. I hate two strokes. They are so loud and high pitch. There are very irritating. Then a Harley gunned it and I'm like that's not as bad but that 'aint me. I really like to ride but I really don't like the excessive noise. It's not very Zen. 

I also got a tool bag for my front forks. Now that is retro. 

5 comments:

  1. Nothing will change after November either let's keep it real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless there's some pretty obvious election fraud there's no way Netanyahu is getting re elected. He's postponed that inevitability much longer than normally possible. Yet I agree the problem in Israel is bigger than one man. That's why the far right are trying to find new candidates to blame the Hasidic Jews for opposing Zionism and Genocide.

      Trump's going to take serious losses in the Mid Terms which will limit his defiant insanity. Two more years after that and this bizarre nightmare will come to an end. Just as long as the pendulum doesn't swing right back to where it was before we should be fine.

      Delete
  2. Hard to be positive with the state that the world is in. Only way to tune it out is a motorcycle and open road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy getting out here and putting some miles on the bike in the fresh air. It is a good way to tune out the insanity and spend some time away from the crowds.

      Delete
  3. I would have kept the sissy bar look. For a few bucks you could have had a metal bracket made that piggy backed the boltup pattern on the side rails and bridged/formed over the wheel well with a plate at top centre for the seat bolt up. It's actually a pretty simple construct.

    I think people are so overwhelmed with the agenda that they have lost sight of the power structures behind the political theater. They own both sides.
    Trump and Netanyahu are just the current figureheads.
    So whether it is Israeli Expansionism project or World Surveillance State and central bank digital currency and social credit score the agenda will continue without these two clowns.

    When a tiny group of world families are allowed to create money out of nothing than nothing else matters. Laws, political systems nor popular opinion.
    Money corrupts or controls everything.
    Sad but true and most can't handle the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.