Sunday, October 4, 2026

Thor Ragnarok: Legends of Valor

I just saw Thor Ragnarok for the first time. I know I'm somewhat behind the times. I like Thor but I'm not really into super heroes. They're just not reality based. The concept of heroes is a noble one but are rare in today's world. 

Is valor a lost concept? Define valor. For many years doing this blog I thought it was my mission to discourage people form getting involved in the gang life. Showing people that life isn't what it pretends to be. 

Yet when you think about it, everyone knows that. It's no secret epiphany. Drug dealers are bad people. That whole world is driven by selfishness and greed. As Steppenwolf declared, God Damn the Pusher. 

So maybe my mission was a lost cause. Maybe it was a waste of time. Recently a sicario said to me that I didn't look like a gang member, I look like a child molester. Really? And murdering people for money is a good thing? Betraying the people who hired you is a good thing? Why on earth would I want to look like a gang member? Gang members are trailer trash. 

Saying that someone looks ugly is one thing but saying someone looks like a child molester is very offensive and is obviously rage baiting. That conversation isn't worth my time. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Everyone knows that. I never claimed to be a preppy a*s b*tch. 

What about valor? There's no valor in the gang world. Shooting a rival drug dealer is greed not valor. Solomon once said before honor is humility. I never used to believe that. Before honor is nothing. To thine own self be true. Yet humility is an important part of life. To be humble means to be teachable. When we are humble we are filled with love and there is no greater power than love. A woman defending her child is fearsome. Just like a bear defending it's cub. 

Valor means doing something good for a good cause. It means doing something good for someone else. Sacrificing your wants to help others. There's no sacrifice in the gang life either. All the rapper trash are still rambling about booty in the club. Their short lived shallow world of materialism quickly shatters around them. So yeah, maybe my mission was a complete waste of time but that's not me. That's not who I am. I'm not them and I never claimed to be. I'm someone else and the more I learn about them, the more I rather be me. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.