Thursday, March 17, 2016

Saint Patrick's Day Weekend



Happy holy day - drink responsibly. Just remember they don't drink green beer in Ireland they drink black beer. You can smell the roasting hops at Saint James's Gate in Dublin. Don't forget it was the Guinness family that built the Lion's Gate bridge in Vancouver so it was.

"I've always hated slavery since the day that I was born. When boyhood's fire was in my blood I read of ancient freemen, For Greece and Rome who bravely stood, Three hundred men and three men; And then I prayed I yet might see Our fetters rent in twain, And Ireland, long a province, be. A Nation once again!" Je me souviens - Liberté, égalité, fraternité.

I was at the Vancouver Occupy demonstration with my Irish drum talking to an irish girl with a tin whistle. A woman came up to us and asked where we were from. I said I'm from Surrey but she's from the Holy Land so she is. The woman smiled and nodded Ah Israel she said. I shook my head and said no, Ireland. It depends on where you're from as to what land is holy. But this is our home now so that makes this land holy too so it does.

Top of the morning to ya Danny Boy. When Irish eyes are smiling, souljas go to war. Erin go Bragh, Tiocfaidh ár lá. Finian is back so he is and I'll be watching ye. Mind how ya go.Like it or not, What's done in the dark will be brought to the light. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.