Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Broadening your horizons

This morning on the ride into work it was clear and you could see an orange glow on the horizon before sunrise. The landscape was the mountain range familiar to the Fraser Valley. This picture someone else took and they named all the peaks. I know the peaks on the North Shore but I certainly don't know the peaks out that direction except for Baker which wasn't visible from my ride into Langley. You see Baker when you ride out to Abbotsford or drive down Fraser Highway in Surrey towards Langley. I remember the view driving into Langley in my Triumph Spitfire with the top down when I was young. Mountains all around you. I really liked that.

Now I'm ready to see what's beyond those mountains. I'm ready to expand my horizon. Vancouver's nice but it's too expensive. So I'm looking forward to a new chapter and a new journey. This morning there was a couple with buggies going through the dumpster and my heart sank. That is a hard life. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut and I think we could all expand our horizons. I always used to encourage my kids to travel. Get out of the fish bowl and see what it's like in other places. Don't let Surrey be your moral measuring stick.

Both my kids ended up falling in love with foreign countries. My daughter went to Central American and my son went to Asia. They are both fluent in foreign languages. That impresses me. I was never very good at foreign languages but I always encouraged it because I see it as a sign of being educated. I see the current turmoil as part of the gathering. The gathering of good and the gathering of evil. BC is becoming a liberal sh*t hole and it doesn't have the political will to pull itself out of it. That's why it's time for me to leave.

BC is beautiful but it is not the best place on earth. There is good and bad everywhere you go. I know a lot of people here are discouraged. I think the key to staying positive is to not get overwhelmed. All this stupid stuff was foreseen. People arguing about this and arguing about that. It's important to stand by your principles but it is also important to let other people have different views. Without that we have nothing. It's also important to get off social media and get out of the city. Feel the peace that comes from riding against the wind.



Friday Update: This morning as I was walking towards my motorcycle on my way to work I could see and year a couple of crow and seagulls as I put some items in the recycling. Then in the distance behind me I could hear a faint cackle. I thought that sounds like an eagle. Then I heard it again and I said yeah, that's an eagle. So I turned around and looked at the top of a group of cedars and fir tress. Sure enough at the top branch of the higher tree an eagle was perched and a couple of smaller birds were dive bombing it like they always do.

The bird here freak out whenever they see an eagle because they see it as a predator that's going to eat their eggs. There were a few videos of some blue herons in Stanley Park freaking out because a couple of eagles were eating their eggs. The eagles basically ignored their hysteria and kept eating. It was kind of sad but that is the circle of life. I always thought it was irritating when the smaller birds pester the majestic eagles all the time but now I understand why.

I remember seeing an eagles nest cam watching the eagles sit on their eggs. One time the male sat on them for a while and when the female came back she pushed him off them. Then sadly one time when they were ut a couple of ravens came and ate their eggs.

There are a couple of motoivational stories about eagles. One is about how an eagle teaches it's young to fly. The other was about an orphaned eagle raised with chickens. Seemingly the mother flies through the air with her young and drops it to see if it will fly. Then if it doesn't figure it out, she swoops down under it and catches it before it hits the ground.

That story was used as a metaphor to describe how a higher power guides us in our life. The story about the orphaned eagle raised with chickens also had a metaphor to go along with it. Sometime when we hang around trailer trash we forget our own self worth. In that setting it's time to leave the chickens behind and soar with the eagles. Peace.

Fable of the Eagle and the Chicken

6 comments:

  1. Hey Dennis where are you thinking of relocating in province or out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Powell River and Wells beside the Bowron Lakes. I was also looking at Nakusp. I could retire there but since I'm not ready to retire and my kids need to be near employment I was thinking of the free state. Alberta has the political will to resist the globalist insanity especially within the school system. However, Saskatchewan has become a free state now too. We're also looking at that.

      Delete
  2. Do you still have school age kids? I don't think quality of education is as good in Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are just over 30 so I'm thinking more along the line of grandkids. I think the quality of education is far better in Alberta than BC. Here they have thrown the important things away and just groom children for inappropriate things. That's why so many concerned parents are homeschooling in BC. The education system here is horrible.

      Delete
  3. I have a daughter in Nakusp very expensive real estate market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting pricey like Kelowna and Vernon but it's nice.

      Delete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.