Monday, October 14, 2024

Thanksgiving Virtues and Bushido



OK today is Thanksgiving and I've got nothing to write. Thanksgiving is always about gratitude and we get it. Gratitude is important for happiness and peace of mind. Is gratitude a virtue or a principle? Or is it simply a state of mind like the optimist and the pessimist. The optimist is hopeful while the pessimist is miserable. Gratitude helps you remain positive and hopeful.

Is nobility a virtue? Perhaps. Nobility is aspiring to virtues and values that lift and elevate. Clay Roueche wrote the Book Of Indomitable Virtues while in solitary. In that book he listed 38 virtues we should aspire to. Confucius listed five virtues which are also referred to as the Chinese virtues. The seven virtues of knighthood are Courage, honour, justice, mercy, generosity, faith, and nobility while the seven virtues of Bushido are Righteousness, Respect, Courage, Honour, Compassion, Honesty and Loyalty. The YouTube video I posted lists 8 virtues of Bushido.

The seven virtues of Christianity are Faith, Justice, Prudence, Hope, Temperance, Fortitude and Charity. In contrast to virtues are vices. The seven deadly sins are envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath. The three deadly Ps are Power, Popularity and Praise. We should not seek after those things. Aspiring to something higher means rising above the vices and seeking the virtues instead. In so doing we find peace of mind. That is enlightenment.



When I said I've got nothing I meant I've got nothing new to say about Thanksgiving this year. We all understand how important gratitude is. That's why we celebrate Thanksgiving. Yesterday I took my son in law kayaking and I'd like to be able to share pictures but I don't want Blaze to keep trolling my kids because he is a literal mental case. The stories I could tell.

I'd like to be able to share some of my son's accomplishments but again, I want to keep him off the radar like the others. I'm not a victim. Blaze is an idiot. I get it. Yet my kids don't need his bullsh*t. That's why he does it. He knows it irritates me. He wants to provoke me now that he's on the PoPo's payroll which is an obscene abomination all on it's own. The stories I could tell.

Taking the high road means steering clear of trolls like Blaze because life is too important to miss answering to an idiot. Life is good. In the end it's right. Good Riddance to clowns like Blaze who spend every waking hour lying and hating. He is a damned soul in hell. Fair thee well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.