Saturday, July 15, 2017

Sky Pilot - Finian is Back



OK I'm back. Back in black yo. My holidays are officially over. Monday I'm back to work. That went way too fast. Today I took the Sea to Sky Gondola and hiked up Sky Pilot. I almost made it to the summit. The last few ridges you really need ropes and harnesses to rappelling down. Getting up is OK but it's a lot safer to repel down from the hooks embedded in the rocks.



So here's the deal: People often come to me for help. Some people I can help. Some people I can't help. If you have substance abuse issues, I can't help you. You need rehab. I recommend the John Volken Society because most of the other rehab houses in Surrey are flop houses for addicts to use drugs. If you have mental health issues, I can't help you. I don't do Dr. Phil. You need professional help. If you have suicidal thoughts you need to call the crisis line:

1 800 SUICIDE | 1 (800) 784-2433

People come to me and share things in confidence because they know I respect confidence even when others don't. I will not betray confidence even when others betray mine because that is the way I roll. I was trained in New York City. My word in my bond.

In the words of Rare Earth "I put my faith in the people and the people let me down so I turn the other way and I carry on any how. I had my hand on a dollar bill and the dollar bill blew away but the sun is shining down on me and it's here to stay."

The climb up Sky Pilot with crampons:



Mount Habrich from the basin of Sky Pilot:



This is the view of Co Pilot from Sky Pilot:



This is the view from the restaurant at the Sea to Sky gondola:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.