Thursday, September 7, 2023

Letting go of Summer

On the lighter side I just want to point out the obvious - summer is fading fast for those of us who don't live in the tropics. This has kind of been one of my best summers in a long time. The theme for my summer has been new sights as I went on a test run to Bowron Lake and Desolation Sound. The last couple of summers went by way too fast. I didn't want to let them go because I worked all summer. This summer I'm OK because when I let it go, I know it's going to come back and next summer is going to be even better.

The Canadian flag consists of a red maple leaf. Symbolic of fall's transformation and anticipation. Summer yields to fall, fall yields to winter, winter yields to spring and spring ushers in the majesty of summer. This spring was an awakening for me. My perspective on many things completely changed. The theme for the spring was new scents and sounds while the theme for the summer was new sights. I went to some new places I hadn't been before. The allegory was going through Hells Gate and leaving Finians Inferno behind us so we could visit some new peaks in Finian's paradise. Heaven is different things to different people. My journey was to break out of the 15 minute city and focus on things you can't see when you're stuck in hell's mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.