Thursday, September 14, 2023

Venus Rising: the Morning Star



The seasons are changing. I can no longer see the sunrise on my way to work in the morning but I can see Venus. It was very bright above an orange sky over a foggy horizon. Venus is called the morning star because it's the lastt star we see on the horizon before sunrise. It's also the first star we see on the horizon after sunset. Mercury is pretty hard to spot but you can see it this month in the northern hemisphere. The next small planetary alignment takes place on January 27, 2024.

Update: The next day the same thing. this morning your could see Venus rising above an orange horizon. It was high and bright. Normally it's a bit lower on the horizon. It was all alone. Yesterday was the new moon. When the planets do align you can see them line up with Venus and the moon along an axis. So right now we can see Venus rising in the morning sky all on it's own.

I'm sure there's an astrological significance to that but it looks cool. This morning the fog was pushed down below the horizon so you could see the landscape of mountains from the freeway. When I got to work the fog was blocking the view of the mountains on the horizon but you could see them from a distance. I'm sure there's another allegory in there.



There was a bright orange horizon at sunset tonight with a red setting sun providing a backdrop to the city towers in Surrey. I'm still trying to find a nice place in Surrey to watch the sunset. It's hard to get above the trees without leaving the city. Sunrise, sunset. The morning breaks...

4 comments:

  1. Does Seymour Resort know about your predilection for molesting children Dennis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donahugh McWhirter the compulsive liar and false accuser who lied about his whereabouts the night Britteny Irving was murdered and shared a bed with Jamie Bacon in the Witness Protection program. He's been spotted in Kelowna since he left the program but we know he never served his sentence for trafficking crystal meth. We also know that his GF died of a drug overdose AFTER he got out of the program. I wonder who gave her the tainted drugs? In the words of William Shakespeare "There is no terror in your threats for they pass by me as the idle wind which I respect not."

      I've had three trolls who would stalk me over the years. The other two were never anonymous. They always wanted me to know it was them posting. I never worked on Seymour mountain. I had a second job on Cypress during the Olympics. That other troll made a mistake. When they closed Seymour during Covid I rode my motorcycle up to the roadblock handed the guy a card and said my name is Dennis Watson. He said Dennis Watson? My boss is named Dennis Watson. Same name different guy.

      Delete
  2. He actually works at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they've started stalking and defaming people who aren't me but have the same name as I do. And they say I don't have a life. It sure looks like they don't have a life given how much they obsess over this blog.

      Delete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.