Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Cults and the Occult

Recently I received an email from Action 4 Canada which contained a link to a video about Cults and the Occult. It was kind of a red flag so I had a peak. As I suspected it was another born again tirade deriding other denominations using false doctrine. Now I don't want to hate but I will explain my different opinion. The essence of Christianity is love and service. James said pure religion is "to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." Christian service is love in action because action speaks louder than words.

I was raised in the United Church of Canada. Although I agree some of their doctrine is a bit incomplete, they have the basics down and are some of the most forgiving and tolerant people I know. They exemplify the story of the prodigal son and accept people for who they are. I still believe in the creed of the United Church which pledges to to seek justice and resist evil.

The Jehovah's Witnesses teach things that I don't believe but I wouldn't call them a cult. They take a teaching in the Old Testament out of context. The law of Moses said don't eat or drink blood. Jehovah's Witnesses reinterpret that to mean don't have blood transfusions. That's not what it meant. It was a dietary law about what we should and shouldn't eat. I don't believe the Bible says we shouldn't have blood transfusions but I respect their right to refuse them.

Jehovah witnesses are pacifists. They don't believe in going to war. Although I admire and respect that, I disagree with it. I believe it is our duty to resist evil. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in voting in elections. They want to wait for God's government. I don't agree with that. Martin Luther King taught the belief that God will do everything for man while he himself does nothing is not faith but superstition. Jehovah Witnesses go around telling all the good people not to vote in elections. If all the good people abstain from voting in elections then all the bad people will be elected. I don't believe that's what God wants yet I would never refer to them as a cult.

Some Born Again Christians call everyone who disagrees with them a cult. Kind of like how ANTIFA calls everyone who's not Communist a Fascist. The video about Cults and the Occult implies that Mormons are a cult. That is ridiculous. They say Mormons are a cult because they believe you have to earn your way to heaven. That is not true. Mormons believe in the atonement and resurrection of Christ. They believe what James taught in that faith without works is dead.

The video claims that all you have to do is accept Christ as your Savior and that forgives us of all our sins past present and future. That's all you have to do and to claim otherwise is of the Devil.

All of us commit sin and nothing we do can erase the sins we have committed. I agree with that. The only way we can be forgiven of our sins is through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I agree with that. I believe there is a difference between salvation and exaltation. Christ said in my fathers house are many mansions. The parable of the talents implies that there are different levels of reward in the hereafter that depend on what we have done.

Some Born Agains obsess over the fact that after we accept Christ and become a Christian, it doesn't matter what we do we are saved. I do not believe that. Christ said in that day many will say unto me lord Lord... I will say unto them depart from me ye that worketh iniquity. I never knew you. Christ confronted liars and hypocrites. He said repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. He didn't say believe in me and do wicked things. He said believe in him and do good. No one is perfect. All of us make mistakes but we must strive to do good. Their false doctrine removes incentive and results in the persecution of righteous.

After all, God is not a respecter of persons, in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. Isaiah saw our day and said "this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits."

People don't want to hear the truth, they want to be lied to. In fact, history has shown that if a prophet comes testifying of the people's sins, they will cast him out and hail him to be a false prophet. Yet if a false prophet comes and tells them to lie a little, cheat a little and all will be well, not only will they hail,him to be a true prophet but they will pay him well.

Examining the Occult

Aleister Crowley was a Satanist. I met a baptized in blood Satanist in Dublin many years ago. We had a very interesting conversation. Satanists believe in their Book of the Law which states do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. It's actually the book of lawlessness. They say do whatever you want. You can rape, murder and steal. If anyone has a problem with that, that's their problem. In reality it's quite problematic. If you can rape, murder and steal from me, I can rape. murder and steal from you. Anarchy and misery is the result.

Where there is no justice, there will be no peace. Here's the deal, Born Agains that claim Mormons are of the Devil because Mormons believe you have to strive to do good, are on a dangerous path, a slippery slope so to speak. Satanists say do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. If Born Agains teach the same thing then who are they really serving?

This also exemplifies the dangers of adopting a state religion. I oppose that. I support the freedom of religion. Adopting a state religion is a step towards Communism and abolishing all religion. First you adopt one religion and abolish all others. Then you abolish the state religion and their mission is complete.

BTW Mitt Romney is a bad man. Not because he's a Mormon but because he's a bad Mormon. Ezra Taft Benson was a patriot. Mitt Romney is not. I don't care if you're a Mormon, Muslim, Jew or Atheist. All I'm saying is if you're going to be a Muslim, be a good Muslim. If you're going to be a Mormon, be a good Mormon. If you're going to be a Baptist, be a good Baptist. Nobody likes liars and hypocrites and nobody likes intolerance. The freedom of religion protects everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Anyone still wondering who runs the world shadow govt? .....

    https://twitter.com/ninnyd101/status/1521863898244464640

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UN and NATO are compromised. The Communist Party of China controls both.

      Delete
  2. This is a cult!
    Scum of the earth.

    https://maloneinstitute.org/wef

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.