Sunday, January 22, 2023

Seymour Brockton Point

I went snowshoeing on Seymour today. As I suspected, the parking lot was packed. We had snow in the city in December but it warmed up a little too much. It's been raining on the local mountains all month. Last week the temperatures dropped below that magic number and all that rain in the city was fresh snow on the mountain. Over a meter in one week so needless to say surf was up.
The clouds rolled in at Brockton point so I didn't bother going any further. Visibility was nil.
I knew the visibility wasn't going to be great but I also knew the snow would be nice. I like seeing the fresh snow in the trees. I think I'm ready for some new peaks that aren't quite so busy.
It'll be better in spring when the ski hill closes but you won't get the fresh snow in the trees then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.