Monday, June 26, 2023

Ride like the Wind - We need a new playlist



Alright souljas let's keep this positive. Lexington Lab Band remixes a lot of old classics that make us remember to appreciate life. I first came across them when I heard them perform Peace of Mind by Boston. Their remix of Christopher Cross' Ride like the Wind is timely.

The sun is shining. Get out there and ride. I added a bit to the intro on my book. I'm really excited about the Jupiter's Travels series. This guy literally rode his motorcycle around the world. Then when he turned 70 he did it all over again. Now that is inspiring. "I'm taking my time. I'm just moving along.You'll forget about me after I've been gone."

Music inspires me. Now it's all Sweet Child of Mine (My kids not my GF). The secret to having it all is knowing that you already do. Remember Barracuda by Heart? Then there was Walking in Memphis. Of course there's Dream on with Steven Tyler. The Dream never dies just the Dreamer.

8 comments:

  1. For the east/west coastal liberals who know everything about anything.

    https://youtu.be/3te49M31MHI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. If someone's reality is from the TV then yes, they do need to see it in a different light. I find it amusing that CNN was running some Donald Trump speeches recently to try and get views. Nobody watches CNN any more. I'll stick with my independent peace of mind.

      Delete
    2. Well, we call them media whores for a reason. It wasn't always that way. Real mainstream journalism is dead.

      Delete
    3. Yes but Independent Media Lives.

      Delete
  2. I love your musical inspiration. Some songs inspire more than others. I often am inspired by the music from the late 70’s and early to mid 80’s. Was music more simple then? I find top 20 music of today so similar and blah compared to back in the 20th century. Maybe I am just getting old and saying what my parents said when I was younger.

    Let whatever inspires you motivate you in a positive way. That’s music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say a song is a prayer of the heart. Some modern music is OK but most of it is crap. Could be a little of both. I remember years ago complaining about millennials and my friend said you sound like our parents when we were young.

      Delete
    2. We all become our parents.

      Delete
    3. Not necessarily. Abraham didn't. I have two children. They are both completely different even though they both had the same parents. We are all individuals.

      Delete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.