Thursday, September 9, 2021

Face to Face with the Lions

Today has been the highlight of my summer. I hiked up Mount Strachan on Cypress 7 1/2 weeks after my hip replacement. I mentioned how this summer has pretty much passed me by. I haven't been able to do anything or go anywhere because I have been preparing for and recovering from hip surgery. Yesterday I got a clean bill of health from the surgeon to go back to work.

Monday, I went on my first hike after the surgery. Just a short jaunt with my cane experimenting with going up and down elevation. I figured it would be easier with my ski poles for walking so I tried that today. I really didn't think I was going to summit but I kept plodding along all the way.
My father used to like taking pictures of the Lions from Clevland Dam at the foot of Grouse Mountain. I like taking them from the top of Sky Chair where you can see them face to face.
It's a very peaceful spot where you see Howe Sound and Vancouver Island. I have a large panorama view from this place on my bedroom wall. Before the surgery I didn't think I'd make it up on these peaks ever again. Now, 7 1/2 weeks later I am there. Gratitude is the word that comes to mind. For me it's a miracle. I thought maybe next summer but not so soon.
I realize we have dark days ahead. Yet it's always darkest before the dawn. The political tides will ebb and flow just as sure as the seasons will change. Selena Gomez asked "Who's goning to walk you through the dark side of the morning?" Well, I guess that'll be me. I'll be here rain or shine. I'll be here to walk you through the dark side of the morning until the morning breaks and the shadows flee. Until the hoarfrost melts in the warmth of the noon day sun. Tyrants will fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.