Saturday, December 17, 2016

Moving Forward: Summer Jam 2017



I should redefine the new direction of this blog just so we're all on the same page. We all make choices in life and we all face the consequences of those choices good or bad. Consequences aren't always bad. Forest E. Witcraft once said: "A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." I've always tried to live by that motto.

Now my kids are all grown up and I can move on to other things. Start to travel again. Wouldn't that be novel. When my kids were growing up I was always fearful about what kind of life they would have when the cost of living keeps rising at a faster pace than wages. When I was young moving out and living on your own was much easier financially than it is now. Homelessness has skyrocketed because affordable housing is out of reach for so many people. As a parent you always want your kids to have a better life and for the world to be a better place when you leave than when you came into it. In many ways that seems to be an unrealistic expectation now.

Yet as I keep saying hope is not lost. Nevertheless, this is just a blog. There are millions of blogs out there. It's just one voice, one opinion, one dream so to speak. Yet others contribute to it and send me links on a regular basis. That's what made this movement a bit of a coalition so to speak in addressing gang conflict in our community. Something I have had experience with in the past.

Micheal Green from TBM Scandinavia is a good man. Quite often he posts pictures on facebook with inspirational sayings about real friends and starting over. There are so many trolls and negative people in this world it is important to be able to filter that trash out and focus on posative things. Not caring what anyone thinks might be a bit short sighted but stressing about trolls is a complete waste of time. I see it more of a Ricky Nelson Garden Party. To thine own self be true. Do what makes you happy and you will find peace.



This blog gets a lot of traffic. 18 million hits is hard for me to comprehend. Some people think they are entitled to control the direction of the blog. I do believe in free speech. People are free to set up their own blogs and talk about whatever they want. This blog is not a Hells Angels support group. It's not a Hells Angels haters group either. George Christie and Kerri Krysko have helped me see another side to the conflict. I support the Aging Rebel.

Although I spent many years confronting the US crack epidemic in the /80's, my burning passion has always been civl liberty and the establishment of a free republic. I'm not very religious any more but I have a passion for religious freedom. I'm not going to hate on any religion. As Martin Luther King said, I've seen too much hate to want to hate and every time I see it I say to myself that hate is too great a burden to bear.

This summer I have a new project. I'll be launching the Gangsters Out Summer Jam 2017. It will be different than the Kelowna Summer Jam when we highlighted the Hells Angels involvement with crime and murder in Kelowna or the Surrey Winterfest which highlighted the brutal murder of Janice Shore on the Surrey Strip. It will remember that but move forward from there in a posative direction once again encouraging people to leave the gang life voluntarily and help people see some of the good things in the world that you can't find in a crack pipe or a heroin needle. Like Wayne Moriarty, I am enjoying my sobriety and am encourage others to do the same.

As Sylvester Stallone once said in the movie Rocky Balboa, It's not how hard you can hit in life, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to follow this blog. I really want to remember to keep coming and reading. Email notifications don't really work for me as I just end up ignoring everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't get too lovey dovey. Remember there's still lots of people being murdered. They still choose to become a hangaround the exact same time others choose to work at temp jobs or choose to starve rather than kill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything has it's time and place. David Giles and Ricky C are still pieces of garbage. History has recorded that.

      Delete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.