Saturday, March 20, 2021

Blair White addresses conversion therapy



Once again Blair White addresses a sensitive topic and makes a lot of sense. Personally, I'm not sure why it would be a controversial subject. When asked her position on conversion therapy, Leslyn Lewis stated that she did not believe anyone should be forced into anything but people should be allowed to go to therapy if they choose. That I agree with and makes perfect sense.

Shock therapy is never a good thing. They used that at Riverview and it always does more harm than good. Beating someone is not acceptable. By the sounds of it, there are problems with some of these conversion therapy clinics partly from ideology and partly from corruption just like many addiction treatment centres that are simply flop houses for addicts to do drugs and be exploited.

Someone being sexually assaulted at a conversion therapy clinic is not acceptable and is a bit Dr Phil. People who do that to patrons need therapy. When I say therapy, I don't mean they need to be sexually assaulted. I mean they need to talk about their feelings and understand what is acceptable conduct and what is unacceptable conduct. Raping someone at a clinic is unacceptable. Raping anyone is unacceptable. Period.

I agree with Blair White in that what consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business. They key words are consenting adults. When a man rapes a little boy or girl, that is wrong. When a man rapes a man or woman that is wrong. There is an absolute truth there. My personal preference is straight up heterosexual. That's me. Yet the reason why I respect Blair White and Brandon Straka is because you don't have to be heterosexual to support low taxes or civil liberty.

Blair White addresses Milo Yiannopoulos coming out as straight. I didn't know who he was and don't really care. Live and let live. I don't support his position on Islam. I believe in religious freedom. I support Blair White and Brandon Straka because they are both smart and sincere.

Therapy is where you go to talk about your feelings and for the most part be validated. If you like to rape children or adults, then I do not believe those feelings should be validated. If you have a different sexual preference, you are free to talk about those feelings in therapy. Yet it should be done in a safe, positive environment not a toxic negative one. A lot of therapists, especially those who follow Freud, do more harm than good. Choose wisely who you listen to and use your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.