Friday, April 2, 2021

Cherry Blossoms begin to bloom in Vancouver

The Cherry Blossoms are beginning to bloom in Vancouver. That's always a good sign. There appears to be two strands locally. One that blooms a few weeks before the others. This is one of my favorite times of the year. Like fall, it brings with it the promise of growth and hope.

It's a fresh scent that fills the air with the expectation of summer. A huge snow cap on the mountain means you can snowshoe in the melting snow or paddle​ in the coastal waters all in the same day. I love the seasons. In the song Landslide, Stevie Nicks asks "Can I handle the seasons of my life? I don't know. Time makes you bolder, children get older. I'm getting older too."

Back in the kwoon, they would burn cherry blossom incense all year round. Remember behind the dark clouds, the sun is still shining. The dream never dies, just the dreamer so Dream On.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.