Sunday, April 18, 2021

Zoom of Doom: Just Serve

They temporarily closed my gym down over a covid case so I decided to go to church today. Well not in person, I joined in on their Zoom meeting. I saw an old friend was speaking so I thought I'd tune in. One of the speakers shared a quote about how true happiness isn't about getting something it's about becoming something. I agree with that.

My buddy with whom I have served with in the DTES referred to a website called Justserve.org. No doubt as we reach out to serve others our own problems and burdens become light.

I also agree that the greatest service a man can do is within the walls of his own home. Everything has it's time and place. I've spent many years serving in the DTES but I just can't do it any more. The insanity of what we are doing there breaks my heart. Like I said, we've abandoned the Four Pillars program and turned Harm Reduction into Harm promotion which has resulted in more addicts and more overdoses. People who want treatment should be able to get it. That is the problem we must face. That is how the Portugal model succeeded.

I served a mission once. That was a very long time ago. On that mission I often said that although I understand teaching the gospel is important, I look forward to the time when I go home and just live the gospel. Actions speak louder than words. As a father, getting up and going to work in the morning to put food on the table when you don't feel like it, that is living the gospel. The world has need of willing men yo, who wear the worker's seal. Work is the means of all accomplishment. There is no joy in life without it. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.