Sunday, May 23, 2021

Another hiker dies in North Vancovuer

The North Shore News is reporting that "The overnight search for a missing hiker in North Vancouver came to a tragic end late Saturday morning, after rescuers found the man deceased. The man was hiking up Mount Fromme from Kennedy Falls with a friend on Friday, May 21 when he decided to turn around, according to North Shore Rescue."

OK so two guys hike up Fromme Mountain. One says, this is a little too steep for me. I'm turning back. The other says fair enough, I'm going to give it a go. The one who summited made it back, the one who turned back didn't. I'm familiar with the mountain but I'm not familiar with the trail.

If you take the gondola up Grouse mountain and do the snowshoe grind up Dam mountain, you can see Fromme mountain from Thunderbird ridge which is just before you summit Dam mountain. It's not nearly as high in elevation and is very popular in summer for mountain biking. This is another tragic end to another unfortunate accident. This is not a very treacherous time of year to be hiking. It's not obscenely cold at night like it is in the winter. I realize there must be some very steep parts but I'm not sure what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.