Sunday, October 10, 2021

Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot

I went on a turkey shoot today for Thanksgiving. No, I wasn't shooting live turkeys. I was just putting holes in paper at the range. I'm not a hunter. I don't get off on killing Bambi but I do like to bust some caps and crack some shells once in a while. Today I started with the .308 Savage Axis.
Then I went back to the 9 mm Masada and the .44 629. I have to say the pistol grip for the Mossberg Maveric looks cool but it is very uncomfortable to shoot. I love the .44 but the pistol grip 12 gauge just doesn't feel right. I have to shoulder the shotgun myself.

I posted my Thanksgiving message on Gratitude and Inclusion last week. I'm grateful I was able to pick up an overtime shift on Thanksgiving to help me make up for the shortfall from when I was off work due to my surgery. I'm back to work. No rest for the wicked. By the sweat of thy brow thou shalt labour all the days of thy life and in this life ye shall have joy. Work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.