Friday, November 19, 2021

Cypress mountain downhill skiing open today

I had the day off so I rode up Cypress mountain to check out their season opening. It's a bit early but they just received 10 cm of fresh snow and they have their snow machines working. They only work when it's below freezing so they can turn them on at night.
This is the beginning of the trail to Hollyburn Ridge.
I went over to the cross country area to see if there was enough snow to snowshoe and there was so I dusted off my snowshoes and tried them out. I didn't go very far because it was foggy and I'm really out of shape since my surgery. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and today I took that step. It's nice snow and an early start to the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.