Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Sea to Sky highway is open



It cleared up this afternoon so I took the bike along the sea to sky highway to Squamish today. There was talk about forest fires but it rained yesterday and there was no smoke in sight. Shannon Falls was closed. The Gondola was closed. The Chief was closed. There were a lot of bikes out on the highway though which was nice to see. Lots of bikes at Horseshoe bay as well. The public washrooms are open there. White cliff is closed to traffic. You have to park and hike in.



I drove past the Chief which is an iconic local hike.



Some people rope up and scale the face but there's also a trail around the back.



It's a very scenic ride especial the way back from Squamish to Vancouver along the water.



There's a youtube video of a bird's eye view from a drone. The go pro videos don't seem to cut it. It's just something you'll have to experience for yourself so get out there and seize the day.



I taped a small Canadian flag from Canadian Tire to my front mirror with silver duck tape. Just my way of saying I support the Mobility rights within the Canadian Charter of Rights. Wave your flag. Getting fresh air and sunshine is essential to my mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.