Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sonny Barger and George Christie



I recently made a blog post about Sonny Barger's announcement that he is returning to Oakland and did an exclusive interview with George Christie. I have huge concerns with Otis Garret and what he did to Margo Compton and her twin seven year old daughters. I find it hard to believe that Sonny Barger did not know about what Otis did beforehand. However, after reading this article on Sonny Barger, I have more respect for him now than I previously did. He isn't living the life of luxury the drug dealers here are. He's had some real struggles and I respect that.

Likewise I think George Christie is a stand up guy. I don't care Sonny Barger called 911 for an ambulance when his bipolar ex came after him in a fit of jealous rage while high on crystal meth because he had started seeing someone new. The loss of a close friend and the breakdown of a challenging relationship means it's time to let it go. Likewise, George Christie is no rat. It infuriates me when people falsely acuse someone of being a rat. They said the same thing about Brittney Irving and it was a bold faced lie. George Christie is not a rat.

Some feel George is a rat because he revealed club secrets in his History Channel series. I don't see it that way. If Sonny Barger is allowed to write a book and make a movie so is George Christie. I think George's new book will be worth reading. It's too bad about the falling out over the film The Last American Outlaw. From the trailer posted on the aging Rebel's blog it looked like a great idea. I too am very concerned with the loss of civil liberty in North America.

I personally am very interested in George Christie's new work with the justice system. God knows California needs it. Privatizing prisons is just plain wrong. I have a close friend that did serious time in the California prison system and that system is clearly broken. Canada is the opposite extreme. Norway is a much better example. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. How are norwegian prisons different?

    We are usually at odds with each other politically, but i whole-heartedly agree that the system shoukd NEVER be privatized.

    Nothing like giving incentices for incarceration. Thats messed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a video about the prison system in Norway:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kllBalLSMCQ

      Delete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.