Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blueberry Fields Forever



Time for a breath of fresh air. Yesterday I hiked up Hollyburn ridge on Cypress. There was a ton of people on the mountain for a Five Peaks running race through the cross country area but they didn’t go up to Hollyburn ridge. It was the perfect day for a hike. Sunny but not too hot. Slight cloud cover and even a cool breeze on the way down. I chose Hollyburn instead of Sky chair because unlike Sky chair, Hollyburn has a bit of shade from the trees on the way up. People like to feed the whiskey jacks out of their hand there.



You actually get a better view of the mountain panorama in winter because you’re aboive the treetops in the snow but it’s still nice in the summer.



In the summer upper Romstead turns into a wild blueberry field that seems to go forever. When I fist saw everyone eating the wild berries I asked a guy if he was sure those were safe to eat. He pauses and says he was kinda waiting to see what happened to everyone else who was eating them before he tried them. Then a woman said no they’re safe. They’re wild blueberries. They kinda looked like blueberries.



I thought they’d be out by now but I guess the berries come out in the late summer early autumn. You have to be mindful of the bears then because they really like them. I guess it’s good they have something else to eat when you’re around them. It’s kinda like the poppy fields in Flanders.



It reminded me of the Beatles tune Strawberry fields forever. Living is easy with eyes closed Misunderstanding all you see Let me take you down ‘Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields Nothing is real And nothing to get hung about Strawberry Fields forever. Kinda like the Main Stream Media in our Brave New World but I suppose it’s nothing to get strung out about.



It's still a beautiful world if you know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.