Sunday, March 29, 2020

Vancouver's cherry blossoms begin to bloom



I woke up this morning and the sun had risen like any other day. The earth was still turning and the sky hadn't fallen. The sun began to peak through the clouds and I noticed the cherry blossoms have begun to bloom which in Vancouver always symbolizes the beginning of spring.

As I was picking up some groceries at the store they were playing Home by Phillip Phillips over the PA. It was somewhat peaceful so it was. I went for a ride on the bike in the sunshine, dropped off some groceries and stopped by my parents grave. As I passed by the Chinese section of the graveyard I could smell the aroma of cherry blossom incense and I smiled. I have that at home. I like that smell. It reminds me of Grand Master Victor Kan's kwoon in London and it reminds me of the cherry blossom festival in Vancouver.

On my way home I passed by a local church with a sign out front that said Making Jesus known. Then I remembered that although most churches are all offline as in they aren't holding public meetings right now Northwood United posts their sermons online and they are still doing so.

The song Home states "As we roll down this unfamiliar road And although this wave is stringing us along Just know you're not alone 'Cause I'm going to make this place your home Settle down, it'll all be clear Don't pay no mind to the demons They fill you with fear The trouble it might drag you down If you get lost, you can always be found Just know you're not alone 'Cause I'm going to make this place your home." There's no place like home. Shalom Shabbat.

"Behind the dark clouds, the sun is still shining." Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.