Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Murder of George Floyd



Update: Derek Chauvin and George knew Floyd knew each other

Now that I have clearly defined the insanity of looting and exposed the dark agenda behind it, I will now address the actual murder of George Floyd because his life did matter. Everyone's does. Drea James from Hungry for Truth posted a link to the Huffington Post article which gave the autopsy results and said that Derek "Chauvin, the officer who knelt on Floyd’s neck, was taken into custody last Friday by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter."

CTV is now reporting that "The former Minneapolis Police officer who pressed his knee into George Floyd's neck was charged on Wednesday with a new, more serious count of second-degree murder, and the three other officers on scene during his killing were charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder." The document I have states there are two counts.

They say where there is no justice, there will be no peace. This is a small step forward but there is a long road ahead. The point is, this happens far too often. We do have a problem with police accountability in Canada but it does not appear to be as bad as it is in the US and it does not appear to be racially motivated. Here they will taser you regardless of race, colour or creed.

I did volunteer work in New York City with the Guardian Angels at the peak of the crack epidemic in the /80's. We were poor inner city kids volunteering our time. Sometimes we would jump the subway turn-styles since we were providing a free community service. You didn't have to actually jump the turn-style. If you pulled it towards you half a turn you could squeeze through without jumping over. One time I did that and got caught by an undercover cop who gave me a ticket.

After the cop left the other member with me visiting from Queens came up to me and said what the hell was that? What do you mean I asked. He said I saw you. You were going to run. I shrugged and said yeah I thought about it, but I thought it was just a ticket so who cares. Then he says to me. You don't run from a New York City cop. Why not I asked. He said because they will shoot your ass dead. Yeah? I guess it was a good thing I didn't run then.

I don't understand racial discrimination. When I was in New York they asked me, yo Dennis, are there many brothers up there in Canada? What do you mean I said. Black people. Are there any black people up in Canada? Of course I said. I went to school with one. Then I thought about it and said, well not like here. Where I was staying everyone was black. I was the minority. The movie Roots was a bit too traumatic for me to watch. It was difficult for me to comprehend. Why would people do that? I don't understand. Yet this was part of their history.

When I worked on a kibbutz in Israel, they had a special meal during Passover celebrating their freedom from slavery in Egypt. I asked the leader of the volunteers, I thought you said this was a nonreligious kibbutz. It is he replied. This is a part of our history. I was starting to understand.

It's like that Irish song, I have always hated slavery since the day that I was born. Although the anarchists and communists are trying to bring back slavery, racial discrimination is apparently something we still need to address. The football players in the US tried to make a statement by taking a knee during the national anthem and y'all lost it. Taking a knee is not disrespectful.

I think in George Floyd's memory we should all take a knee - During our protests.



However, now taking a knee has a new meaning and it hurts. Before taking a knee meant humbling yourself and calling upon a higher power for assistance. Now it represents how Derek Chauvin knelt on George Floyd's neck until he was unconscious and then kept kneeing on his neck until he was dead. That was evil. It was murder with intent.

The last line in the last paragraph of the court complaint states "Police are trained that this type of restraint with a subject in the prone position is inherently dangerous." Indeed they are.

When I was with the Vancouver Guardian Angels we took a use of force course with John McKay from the VPD. He said that choke holds are considered a lethal restraint and may only be used against a lethal attack. At the time I objected and said but that's my favorite move. A rear naked choke ends the conflict instantly and is much less violent then punching a guy in the head 15 times. It's very common in jujitsu. He said doesn't matter, that's what the law states.

So kneeling on George Floyd neck was in itself excessive force because it most certainly was not a response to a lethal attack. However, kneeling on George Floyd's neck for two minutes and 53 seconds after he was choked out was a deliberate act of murder. The other police officers who stood by and watched are accessories to murder.

Martin Luther King declared that "it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which caused persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activity as it is for me to condemn riots." So mote it be. Peace is found by shunning extremism in perfect balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.