Friday, July 31, 2020

Foam rollers and the Theragun mini



Foam rollers and massage have become an important part of sports stretching and physical fitness. I was pretty skeptical at first. I'd see people use them at the gym and think yeah whatever. That's pretty stupid. Then I did some personal training sessions with a heavyweight boxer and he got me to try it. If anyone else had asked me I would of said no but because he asked I tried it.

He taught me to foam roll my arms and hips. I was like, hey that feels pretty good. When it comes to exercise, I'm a big fan of if it feels good, do it. I tried a chiropractor a while ago and I was like nope. I'm not doing that. I'm all for stretching, exercise and massage but moving your back and neck quickly and abruptly just doesn't feel safe.

I tried the hypervolt and that was awesome but it was too expensive for me to buy for personal use. So my kids got me a Theragun mini and it is fantastic. The size, shape and ergonomics is perfect. It's portable. You can take it to work and use it during your breaks. The shape lets you use it on your lower back. This is really helpful and I am sold on it's effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.